Register to Attend - Sunday, Dec. 26 at 10:45 am
Greetings! If you wish to attend Briarwood’s in-person worship service this Sunday, please read the following Protocols. If you are able to follow these protocols, fill out the online registration form (click here) and press “submit”. Each person, including children, must be registered. At this time a maximum of 35 people can attend (plus staff & volunteers), and registration is on a first-come first-served basis. The deadline to register is Thursday at noon. You will receive an email on Friday morning to confirm whether you have a spot.
Health and Safety Protocols:
As we return to in-person activities and worship, we will continue to follow guidelines that will help ensure the health and safety of all persons coming to Briarwood. Many of you will have received one or maybe two COVID-19 vaccine doses. For the well-being of all, please adhere to the following guidelines:
You should not participate in face-to-face activities at Briarwood:
1. If you, and/or a member of your household, exhibit any COVID symptoms including:
a. Any respiratory symptoms, such as:
i. congestion of the nose
ii. runny nose
iii. cough (new or worsening)
iv. feeling out of breath, or difficulty to breath
b. Sudden loss of smell without nasal congestion, with or without loss of taste
c. Intense fatigue
d. Significant loss of appetite
e. Aches and pains (not related to physical effort)
g. Sore throat
h. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain
2. If you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
3. If you or a family member are waiting for a COVID test result, or if you or a member of your household have a positive test result, please follow the guidance given to you by public health for when it is acceptable to return to in-person activities,
4. If you have a negative test result but continue to have illness symptoms, please wait until your symptoms have been gone for 24 hours, before participating in activities.
5. If you have travelled outside of Canada, you must follow the guidelines of Public Health.
6. As long as the public health situation remains favourable, fully vaccinated travellers from other countries (from the United States as of Aug. 9, 2021 and other countries starting Sept. 7, 2021) will be allowed to visit Canada.
7. At this time we recommend that Briarwood members with international house guests, who plan to attend services, should register their visitors when they register themselves. We will ask visitors to answer the same health questions we ask our congregation members at the door.
How we will proceed:
• All persons wishing to attend worship services at Briarwood will be required to register online, or with the church office by phone (514-694-8019) by 12:00 pm noon on Thursday each week. Given the restrictions on the number of persons allowed in the building, each person in a family must be registered. Registration will be on a first-come first-served basis.
• If a participant’s health status changes before the worship service, they should cancel their attendance, thus allowing another person to participate. To cancel, please call Nancy at 514-694-8019.
• Each individual or family will be met at the main door by the greeter, and will need to affirm that they have no COVID symptoms, travel, etc... as noted above.
• Each person’s name will be checked on the list of persons registered to attend the service, as to their attendance and to the absence of COVID symptoms (see above).
• Everyone in attendance must wear a mask that covers the mouth and the nose (excepting children 2 years and under). Each person will be directed to clean their hands.
• Each person must observe the distance markers on the floor.
• An usher will guide you to your pew. Seating is designed to respect physical distance; please stay in the area where you are seated. You will be given a plasticized card that matches a card in your assigned seat. Please leave both cards on your seat at the end of the service. They will be cleaned and reused the following weeks.
• Children will be seated with their families, and will leave the sanctuary during the service to attend Kids’ Faith program.
• Specific bathrooms will be open for use during the service; children should be accompanied by an adult.
• Certain rooms are closed and should not be entered during the service.
• When the service is finished, the usher will indicate when it is your turn to leave your pew. You are asked to leave the church building by the main door. If you wish to talk outside the church, please continue to wear your mask and respect distancing guidelines.