Here is information on the Examen prayer mentioned in Rev. Sarina's sermon on May 5th. In the Spirituality for Ordinary People podcast, Rev. Matt Brough quotes from chapter 1 of Jim Manney’s book "A Simple Life-Changing Prayer":
“The examen is a method of reviewing your day in the presence of God. It’s actually an attitude more than a method, a time set aside for thankful reflection on where God is in your everyday life. It has five steps, which most people take more or less in order, and it usually takes 15 to 20 minutes per day. Here it is in a nutshell:
1. Ask God for light. I want to look at my day with God’s eyes, not merely my own.
2. Give thanks. The day I have just lived is a gift from God. Be grateful for it.
3. Review the day. I carefully look back on the day just completed, being guided by the Holy Spirit.
4. Face your shortcomings. I face up to what is wrong in my life and in me.
5. Look toward the day to come. I ask where I need God in the day to come.”